PolyMed Composite Medical Tubing features extreme rigidity and outstanding dielectric insulation.
Composite tubing has a more-than-twenty-year track record of success in the operating room. Polygon’s dedicated medical engineering team uses its extensive knowledge and experience in composite science to assist you in determining the best manufacturing process, fiber architecture, resin formulations and finishing to produce the ideal product for your medical application.
- Insulated tubing for electrosurgical devices
- Robotic surgery, such as articulating instrument shafts, forceps, cutters, etc.
- Cannula for laparoscopic and endoscopic devices
- Material delivery devices such as wound healing and suction irrigation
- Oncology applications such as minimally invasive procedures and brachytherapy applicators
PolyMed composite medical tubing provides these benefits:
- Strong, rigid structure
- Non-conductive properties
- Custom fabrication capabilities
- Lightweight materials
- Sterilization via standard procedures
- Biocompatible materials
- Custom marking and coating capabilities
Polygon Composite Shafts Improve Safety in Plasma Ablation Procedures
Non-metallic shafts deliver needed rigidity and strength without conducting electricity.View Case Study
Polygon Composite Tubes Improve Safety and Control Costs in Disposable Suction Irrigation Device Components for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
Non-conductive cannulae reduce electrical shock risk without sacrificing rigidityView Case Study
"Polygon offers a very unique product, and they have the skill to be able to make technically challenging parts. They are very responsive to requests."Senior Engineering Manager Global Medical Device Manufacturer
“Polygon fits a great niche for us. They make a pultruded tube for one of our devices, and it’s something that nobody else makes. Polygon’s tubes gave us all of the properties that we needed.”Senior Sourcing Manager Fortune 500 Medical Device Company
"Polygon's value is openness to discuss topics, come up with ideas and find a solution. All their products are custom made. Polygon is flexible and responsive to the design end-phase and their input back and forth is really strong."Medical Technology Sales Specialist, IS Sommer, Global Medical Device Distributor