Our solid foundation and bright future
Founded more than 70 years ago, by Sam Shobert, a chemist working on advanced composite materials during World War II, Polygon has grown into an engineered materials company, custom-engineering composite tubing and bearings that are changing medical, agricultural, and construction industries for the better. We never stop looking at what the next breakthrough could be, and when you join our team, you’re a part of where we are today and how we’ll grow toward tomorrow.
We’re always looking for talented, passionate people in:
- Production Management
- Office Management
- And more
We’re more than a paycheck. Here are a few of our benefits:
We care about your wellbeing. As a full-time employee, you’ll be eligible for medical, vision, dental, and life insurance as an individual or family, plus short- and long-term disability coverage.
We believe in financial planning for the future. In addition to helping you establish your Polygon 401K, the company matches your contribution up to 3%.
We know sometimes life has changing needs and roads to navigate. Full-time employees have access to private counseling, legal support, and financial education and planning resources.
When we achieve goals, employees are rewarded via profit sharing. Bonuses are based on performance and vary by department.
Nearby communities that many of our employees call home:
South Bend, Indiana
Northern Indiana’s major city, near the Michigan and Illinois borders
- Approximate Population: 102,136
- Award-winning restaurants and bars; plenty of entertainment options
- Less than a two-hour drive to Chicago (also accessible via train)
- Approximately 30 minutes from Polygon
Mid-size city with a burgeoning restaurant and brewery scene
- Approximate Population: 34,411
- Local craft breweries, wineries, and gourmet restaurants
- Family-oriented entertainment such as festivals and car shows
- Approximately one hour from Polygon
Small town for those who like a more quiet lifestyle
- Approximate Population: 2,244
- Locally owned and operated restaurants
- Family-oriented parks and recreation areas
- The location of Polygon; extremely short commute
While most roles are based out of the Walkerton office, Polygon does offer remote work arrangements for some positions.
Every project is custom, and that variety keeps me constantly engaged and challenged.Sam Hart, Regional Sales Manager
We get to work with customers, not to just give them what they want but also show them what’s possible.Matt Sexton, Project Manager
What keeps me here is the people. A simple 'good morning' means so much to me.Suzanne Breen, Purchasing Coordinator
I have pride in the products we make and how they help people.Miguel Rivera, First Shift Medical Lead