Why Polygon Composite Medical Tubing?
Tailored to meet the requirements of your specific product, Polymed Medical Tubing improves patient safety and outcomes. Our products are highly customizable across diverse applications ranging from cannulas for laparoscopic surgery and vein harvesting procedures, to instrument tubes for robotic surgery.
- Non-conductive materials reduce the risk of shock for patients, making it safer
- Electromagnetic transparency keeps electronic devices from being impeded
- Superb material resiliency means that cannula can better handle stresses in the medical arena than standard materials
- Thermal insulation makes it comfortable to touch, so you can use it at a moment’s notice
- Custom fabrication techniques means your product will be tailored for your specific needs
ISO-10993 compliant, PolyMed combines lightweight materials and strong physical characteristics, as well as radiolucent and dielectric properties, thin walls, rigidity and the ability to be sterilized.
Fiber architecture adaptations; for braided, CW or UD are currently used in many minimally invasive surgical procedures. Sizes range from 3mm up to 20mm. PolyMed tubing is available in wall thickness as thin as 0.23 mm. All tubing processes can accommodate single or multi-lumen requirements. It’s found in applications such as:
- Endoscopic / Laparoscopic Devices
- Suction / Irrigation Devices
- Electrosurgical Devices
Polygon’s team of medical engineers work closely with device manufacturers to produce unique and effective solutions.
The in-house design and performance engineers at Polygon use their extensive knowledge and experience in composite science to assist you in determining the best manufacturing process, fiber architecture, resin formulations and finishing to produce your ideal application.
- Braided – a solution for thin walled tubing
- Circumferentially Wound – high strength tubing, with elasticity
- Unidirectional – provides superior rigidity and additional benefits
Optimal design characteristics can be achieved through a variety of continuous fiber orientations and structure.
- Rigid or flexible tubing.
- In a flexible configuration PolyMed tubing is highly resilient and springs back to its original shape. Metal counterparts can become permanently bent after being pushed past yield strength, becoming unusable.
- Need a rigid tube? PolyMed can also be configured to provide high rigidity with an excellent strength to weight ratio compared to stainless steel.
- PolyMed composite tubing is highly machinable while maintaining structural integrity, allowing broad fabrication options.
- Sizes range from 1-20mm diameter, with wall thickness as thin as 0.254mm.
“Polygon fits a great niche for us. They make a pultruded tube for one of our devices, and it’s something that nobody else makes. Polygon’s tubes gave us all of the properties that we needed.”Fortune 500 Medical Device Company Senior Sourcing Manager